Documents required at the time of Counseling
The candidates recommended for Counseling on the basis of results of the Entrance Examination/Written Test must submit attested copies of the following documents in the manner prescribed below at the time of counseling :
Candidates for MD/MS/MDS courses: The candidates appearing for allotment by personal appearance should bring the following documents in original along with an attested copy of the documents:-
- Admit Card issued by AIIMS.
- Rank letter issued by AIIMS;
- Mark Sheets of BDS 1st, 2nd and 3rd Professional Examinations.
- BDS Degree Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate/Certificate from the Head of Institution or College that the candidate will be completing the internship by 30th July, 2016.
- Permanent/Provisional Registration Certificate issued by MCI or DCI/State Medical or Dental Council.
- High School/Higher Secondary Certificate/Birth Certificate in proof of date of birth. (Matriculation)
- The Candidate should also bring the following certificate, if applicable:
- SC/ST Certificate issued by the competent authority and should be in English or Hindi in language. Community should be clearly mentioned in the certificate.
- OBC Certificate issued by the competent authority for central Govt. jobs/for admission in Central Govt. College/Institute.
The sub-caste should tally with the Central List of OBC. OBC Candidates should not belong to Creamy Layer.
OBC certificate must be in the Central Govt. Format as prescribed in the prospectus.
- Physical Disability Certificate issued from a duly constituted and authorized Medical Board.
Failure of submission of documents during the Counseling
If a candidate fails to submit attested copies of the requisite documents as above, his/her candidature will be cancelled and he/she will not be allowed to participate in subsequent stages of selection/admission process.
SUBMISSION OF CASTE CERTIFICATE BY SC/ST/OBC CANDIDATES
After declaration of result of the Entrance Examination, candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe and Other Backward Classes should submit, along with other requisite documents, an attested copy of a certificate from any one of the following authorities stating that the candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste, a Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes in the prescribed form.
- District Magistrate, Additional District Magistrate, Collector, Deputy Commissioner, Additional Deputy Commissioner, Deputy Collector, 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate, City Magistrate, Sub-Divisional Magistrate, Taluka Magistrate, Executive Magistrate, Extra Assistant Commissioner.
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/Presidency Magistrate.
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and his or her family normally resides.
- Administrator/Secretary to Administrator/Development Officer (Lakshadweep Island) or as authorised in the Constitution.
The candidate will be required to submit an undertaking to the effect of his/her caste. The detection of any discrepancy in the caste certificate shall entail cancellation of registration.
This is as per the provisions made by Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions vide their order No. 36033/4/97-Estt. (RES) dated 25.7.2003 and No. 36011/3/2005-Estt. (RES) dated 9.9.2005 respectively.
Candidates must note that a certificate from any other person/authority will not be accepted and no further correspondence in this regard shall be entertained. The name, designation and the seal of the officer should be legible in the certificate.
Institutional Preference for AIIMS Graduates
- By way of institutional preference the institutional candidates i.e. those who have graduated from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi shall be preferred for admission against 50% of total BDS seats of AIIMS of the open general seats without any discipline wise preference, in accordance with the judgment of the Hon'ble Supreme Court and subsequent judgment dated 07-05-2004 of the Supreme Court in Saurabh Chaudhary Vs. Union of India W.P. (C) No. 29 of 2003 and connected matters.
- Any seat left vacant out of the AIIMS preferential seats or any other reserved seats shall be available to other open general category candidate in order of merit.
Reservation of Seats
- 49.5% of the total Post-Graduate seats (15% for SC, 7.5% ST and 27% for OBC) excluding those for Sponsored/Foreign National candidates are reserved for the candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and the Other Backward Classes (Non-creamy layer).
Orthopedic Physically Handicapped
- For MD/MS: (3%)
For Indian Nationals 3% reservations for Orthopedic Physically Handicapped shall be provided on horizontal basis, as per their rank in the merit from the seats reserved in the category of Orthopedically Handicapped.
Vacant seats, if any, will be filled by the candidates from the general category.
Minimum Cut off Marks for entrance examination
The minimum cut off marks for eligibility for an Orthopedically Physically Handicapped candidate will be as those applicable to others.
Other Criteria for Orthopedic Physically Handicapped
The candidate must possess a valid document certifying his/her physical disability conforming to judgment of Supreme Court of India i.e.:
- With the approval of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India vide letter no. 18018/2/2009-ME(P-1) dated 17.02.2009 it has been decided that while providing reservation in admission to medical course in the first instance candidates with disability of lower limbs between 50% to 70% shall be considered and in case candidates are not available of such candidates in that category then the candidates with disability of lower limbs between 40% to 50% will also be considered for admission subject to the outcome in the Writ Petition (Civil) 184/2005-Dr.Kumar Sourav Vs. UOI & others pending in the Supreme Court of India.
- The disability certificate should be issued by a duly constituted and authorized Medical Board of the State or Central Govt. Hospitals/Institutions.
- The constitution of the Medical Board will be one consultant each from disciplines of Orthopedics, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation and Surgery.
Determination of Inter se Merit of Candidates obtaining equal marks
In case of two or more candidates obtaining equal marks in the Entrance Examination, their inter se merit will be determined in order of preference as under
- Candidates obtaining higher aggregate marks in all the BDS Professional Examinations.
- In case there is still a tie, according to age, the older candidate shall get preference over the younger one.